Sunday, December 16, 2007

Nuggets vs. Trailblazers: Game 24 Preview

(Boulder-CO) Tonight’s game is a set-up. The Nuggets looked like garbage in San Antonio against the NBA’s defending champs last night, and tonight have to face a surging and vastly improved Portland Trailblazers team that has won their last six straight games. And as if that isn’t enough to make all of us leery, the Trail Blazers have to come to Denver where they've lost nine in a row since 2003 and 15-16 since 1999. The Nuggets always seem to drop games in bunches, and I’m starting to feel like somebody is standing behind my back about to push me down the stairs!

Wait, what’s that? What’s that you say? Out with the negative vibe and in with the good karma…

O.K, I guess things aren’t that bad when you consider Portland has already lost at the Pepsi Center this season, shooting a season-worst 39.0 percent in a 110-93 loss on Nov. 14. Portland is not going to have leading scorer LaMarcus Aldridge (18.7 ppg) available due to plantar fasciitis. Plus, Steve Blake has never been able to hurt us, Marcus Camby always plays great against Joel Pryzbilla, and the Nuggets are 10-3 thus far in the friendly confines of the Pepsi Center.

Be sure to head over to www.blazersedge.com for what I am sure is going to be a much more in-depth look at tonight’s game and be sure to tell my www.probasketball.about.com homie Dave happy holidays.

I think the ship holds the load tonight, Nuggets Nation. It's been a while since I gave a prediction so what the hey? Denver by at least seven.

Go Nuggets!

No comments: