Thursday, January 4, 2007

Rules About Being Chubby

(Boulder-CO) I joked around with a couple of readers about a week ago where I said that if I owned the Nuggets I would, “withhold all of Nene’s paychecks until he dropped twenty pounds. He would still get all his money, but not until the weight came off.” When I was joking around about this concept and I had no idea that such a similar rule about body-fat was actually in existence.

That is, until this morning article written by Tom D’Angelo on http://www.palmbeachpost.com/.

D’Angelo reports, “Forwards James Posey and Antoine Walker were deactivated for Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers for failing to meet body-fat requirements by 1 percent.”
Holy $#%!, I was just joking around, but this is the real deal. Down to the exact body-fat composition of each player! Pat Riley is the man (as I quietly pat myself on the back...).

The article further explains that both Posey and Walker are kept at different levels of body-fat. A spokesman for the Miami Heat stated, “Posey's body fat is 9 percent and Walker's is 11 percent.” So by all means Antoine, have another go at the cookies and ice cream! I jest, but seriously, this is tremendously funny to me.
So in the nature of cracking jokes, I have assembled the top-5 chubbies in NBA history.

5. Khalid El-Amin 5’10”-200lbs
4. Robert “Tractor” Traylor 6’8”-285lbs
3. John Arthur "Chubby" Cox III 6‘2”-180lbs (based on principle alone)
2. Oliver Miller 6’8”-325bs
1. Shawn Kemp 6’10”- Reportedly over 340lbs at one point!

4 comments:

Seth said...

I know a guy who used to work for the Magic who claims that Kemp once came to camp as high as 360 pounds. I don't think people really get that Kemp being that big is kinda like Amare Stoudemire getting that big. It's ridiculous.

Nugg Doctor said...

WOW!

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Anonymous said...

This kinda thing on the Heat makes you wonder what he's gonna do with Shaq when he returns.

Would he actually deactivate the Big Guy?

Nugg Doctor said...

I really doubt it, sammy g. The big guy probably has a different set of rules.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor