Monday, December 4, 2006

Encore and a Standing Ovation

(Boulder-CO) The main man in powder blue, Carmelo Anthony, has been named Western Conference Player of the Week for the second consecutive week. Melo has been straight up hurtin’ people with his offensive prowess and has raised his game in the departments of rebounds and assists. For the week in which he is being honored, Carmelo averaged 36.7 points, seven rebounds, and five assists.

Anthony’s offensive exploits are nothing short of spectacular thus far. He has scored 30 points or more in all but three of the Nuggets fifteen games, and in the those three games that he narrowly missed the 30 mark he scored 28 twice and 29, respectively. Melo has scored 30 or more in twelve of the Nuggets last thirteen games.

For now, he has almost a full point lead on Allen Iverson for the scoring title at a dizzying pace of 32.2 points per game. This is the fifth time that ‘Melo has been named the WCPW and moves him into second place in Nuggets franchise history behind the great Alex English with seven honors of such variety.

I think that it’s safe to say that Carmelo will not be snubbed this year for the All-Star game, wouldn’t you say?

4 comments:

Jim Dunn said...

Melo's looking strong man. Can't wait for Detroit to play Denver, should be a good game.

-Jim

Nugg Doctor said...

Sure will, Jim.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Travis said...

Hey Doc love the blog.

I don't know if you watch the highlights post daily on NBA.com, but take a look at the one honoring Melo and Michael Redd as players of the week. I was unpleasantly surprised to find what I did, tried to write to the NBA, but they make it extremely difficult, so I thought I'd share it with you in case no one sees it. Keep up the good work.

Let me start off by saying that I love the NBA. I spend a good amount of my time looking at your great new site with all of its free video footage, quality articles, blogs from players, and expert opinions.

Let me now add that it is extremely disconcerting to see what has
transpired in the video "Player of the Week Awards for the Nov. 27 - Dec. 3 Player of the Week Awards." You start off by saying that Michael Redd, as having averaged:

4.0 Rebounds and 7.0 Assists when really he averaged 5 Rebounds and 2.5 Assists. So that's not terrible, easy technological glitch. But wait, for Carmelo Anthony you've listed lower numbers than he actually posted! You have him getting 5.0 Rebounds and 4.0 Assists, when really HE got 7.0 Rebounds and 5.0 Assists! What's going on here?

The really bad part is after listing Carmelo Anthony you go to a 'supposed expert' who is going to analyze these selections. First of all it looks like this guy is giving the first public speech of his life. Did he have to buy that suit at the Salvation Army moments before being thrown on to the set??

According to this guy, "if you look at the good teams in the league, look at the Miami Heat.. look at the Nets.." Well, last I checked those teams had more losses than wins, so maybe we're beginning to call teams that are below average, good teams. This guy doesn't even look like he's watched basketball!

The only reason I would take this much time out of my day to write this frustrated letter is that I want to see this league succeed and continue to support the greatest sport on the planet. With people like this representing your organization there needs to be accountability and work requirements.

Sincerely, a faithful NBA supporter,

Travis Henry

Nugg Doctor said...

Hi Travis,

I didn't mention Michael Redd in my post. He is a great player, but I choose not to feature information that isn't pertaining to the Denver Nuggets, the greatest team in the NBA!

As for the statistical information on Carmelo Anthony... I have his numbers for the week of the honored play as they are stated in your comment of seven rebounds and five assits. You must have meant the NBA.com mistake and not mine.

And lastly, not seeing the video, I can't really comment on the accuracy or the professionalism of the peice, but it is a shame that while quality, credible journalist like myself scrape out a few dollars while dedicating their time to the cause get little to no love. The NBA gives others with no true love for the game, or knowledge, all the high profile, and paying, jobs.

I am sorry that you found the NBA.com site so unsatisfying. My only advice would be to keep it posted on The Nugg Doctor for all your Nuggets news.

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor