Monday, October 16, 2006

DerMarr Resigned at Last!

(Boulder-CO) So it finally has happened. The Denver Nuggets have inked DerMarr Johnson to an undisclosed contract. I caught wind of this yesterday, but wasn't going to make anything official till I saw it on www.nuggets.com. The Denver Nuggets now have 18 players on the roster, and as we all know, only 15 make the final cut. DerMarr has a lot of catching up to do with the Nuggets new offense, but I think that his previous chemistry with the team should accelerate the process. I didn't think DerMarr was going to make it back to the Nuggets this year, but I have found that when you're wrong. It is just best to admit it. Welcome back DerMarr, welcome back.

4 comments:

Tymes Rhymes said...

Yes, this means that we have a little more deep rotation at the two guard or in the backcourt in genreal. But now do you think we are going to trade anyone because I'm kind of impressed by Atnthony Carter's APG in preseason camps and game so far. Should we make room to sign him?

Nugg Doctor said...

Well tymes, here is the thing. Anthony Carter is a great player. The only problem that I see is that he could potentially take away from Earl Boykins minutes at point. And we all know that Earl really can not play many other positions. So, if I was the GM, I would be thinking about this situation in the following ways.

First, you gotta see if anyone is looking for a guy like Earl and combo him with either a K-Mart, Najera, or even Linas for a big time shooting guard. This option keeps Anthony Carter around for the void left by Earl's departure and hopefully a 20 point scorer is also added.

The other option that I see is a little bit more complex. Especially with DerMarr back on the roster. Signing Anthony Carter to further boost the Nuggets back court wouldn't be a bad idea, but that means someone like Jamal Sampson or someone like that would have to get cut. The question I'll fire back at you is this; If Carter is signed, who do you think gets the snip?

Thanks for reading,

The Nugg Doctor

Tymes Rhymes said...

I know it's not realistic but I think Hodge should get the cut. Great college player but not fit for the NBA.

Nugg Doctor said...

tymes,

You are probably not alone...

The Nugg Doctor